The Patchwork Moose provides on-site machine maintenance and repair service with our certified and factory trained BERNINA technician. None of us like to be without our machine, but yearly service is a must to keep your investment running smoothly. Our technician is available to service all BERNINA and bernette sewing machines, embroidery modules, and sergers.
Machine Service & Repair Price List
Full-Service COA – Clean, Oil & Adjust
BERNINA Current Model 8 Series $200
BERNINA Current Model 4/5/7 Series $180
BERNINA Current Model 3 Series $150
BERNINA All Other CB Hook & Rotary Hook $150
BERNINA Serger/Overlocker $170
BERNINA Air-Threaded Coverlocker (L890) $200
BERNINA/bernette Embroidery Module $60
bernette Machines $150
bernette Serger/Overlocker $150
Repairs & Diagnostic Services
What to Bring
- Power Cord
- Foot Control
- Bobbin & Bobbin Case
- #1 Foot (zigzag) and Regular Stitch Plate (zigzag)
- Please don’t sew over pins. The hook could be damaged if a needle breaks and causes a burr. In addition, broken needles tend to scatter and end up in places not easily seen.
- Take care to change your needle after 4-5 hours of sewing.
- Needles occasionally get jammed in the fabric. In the event of this happening, do not try to use the handwheel to loosen the needle. Instead, disconnect the needle from the needle bar.
- Never use canned air to clean lint or dust from your machine as this can blow debris/lint into areas that can only be removed by a technician. Also, canned air contains moisture which can cause harm to sensitive components. Instead, use a microfiber cloth and brush.
- Oil your machine regularly. A good rule of thumb is after every 2 bobbin changes. Brush out the lint prior to oiling and take care not to over-oil. One drop should be sufficient.
- ALL COMPUTERIZED MACHINES MUST HAVE SURGE PROTECTION! The recommendation is at least 1000 joules of protection.
- Make sure to have your machine professionally serviced each year. Proper maintenance is of utmost importance to keep your machine running smoothly.